Thursday, February 18, 2021

Perfect Delivery of God's Message

 

2 Timothy 4:1-8 

King James Version

4 I charge thee therefore before God, 

and the Lord Jesus Christ, 

who shall judge the quick and the dead 

at his appearing and his kingdom;

2 Preach the word; 

be instant in season, 

out of season; 

reprove, 

rebuke, 

exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come 

when they will not endure sound doctrine; 

but after their own lusts 

shall they heap to themselves teachers, 

having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, 

and shall be turned unto fables.

5 But watch thou in all things, 

endure afflictions, 

do the work of an evangelist, 

make full proof of thy ministry.

6 For I am now ready to be offered, 

and the time of my departure is at hand.

7 I have fought a good fight, 

I have finished my course, 

I have kept the faith:

8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, 

which the Lord, 

the righteous judge, 

shall give me at that day: 

and not to me only, 

but unto all them also that love his appearing.


"There is tremendous power in the Word of God."

That's a statement from Bob Russell, former senior minister of Southeast Christian Church in Kentucky, who served that church for 40 years.

Pretty often, I listen to sermons the Holy Spirit of God leads me to.

This video was particularly compelling for the right amount of humor, gentleness, compassion, and emphasis.

I liked his voice and measured delivery, even before I saw who he was on the video.

This is actually my first encounter with this pastor who has served God for 50 years, starting at age 22.

I feel, if sermons are delivered gently, happily, and lovingly like this, more people would listen

His focus for this particular video is on mentoring other ministers, of which he has done a lot of.

Bob Russell's delivery of God's Word is perfect for my soul, and I think, it will be for you, too.

It is a wonderful balm for the soul.


Updated 25 January 2022


ULTIMATE leadership book

  Galatians 6:2 King James Version 2 Bear ye one another's burdens,  and so fulfil the law of Christ . I've searched many books. Bou...